Share Your Story
Michigan’s restaurant industry has been decimated by COVID-19. Together, we can save Michigan’s restaurants.
Submitting a video is simple: Just take a minute or two, look straight into the camera on your phone or computer, and tell your fellow Michiganders the following:
- Tell us your first name and where you live in Michigan.
- Describe briefly why Michigan restaurants are important to you and why it’s imperative dine-in service opens again soon.
- The negative impact, both financially and in human terms, that the shutdown is causing or will cause you personally in the coming weeks. (Lost inventory? Layoffs? Closure?)
- Why the lack of federal stimulus funds (like PPP) during this second closure will likely magnify the impact to owners, operators, employees and overall business.
- A request not to extend the closure of restaurant dining rooms beyond the expiration of the current Order on December 8.
Tips for submitting a story:
- Don’t script your story — we want to hear your authentic, unscripted opinions! Look at the camera, and start telling YOUR story.
- If you make a mistake, you don’t need to start over! We may edit these videos for clarity and trim to an appropriate length, but we won’t make edits to the story you are telling.
- Make sure there isn’t a bright light behind you, so we can see your face.